APPLICATION RELIABILITY MANAGEMENT
Never miss a multithreading issue. Pinpoint all race conditions and deadlocks in real time.
Dynamic models provide an in-depth explanation of every fault. The root cause is mapped to its location in your source code.
Issues experienced by multiple machines using the same account are aggregated resulting in collective knowledge of application reliability.
Diagnosed issues can be automatically and securely published to geographically dispersed machines of tech support engineers.
Download Race Catcher™ – Try It Free
(Pick your operating system)
by clicking on the icon of your operating system
3. Create Free Account
4. Run Demo
1. Download the product.
2. Run the download executable which will perform the product installation.
3. Launch the app (from icon or from console by running the command “sumui”) and create a free account.
4. Select from menu: Activity -> View/Modify -> Workstation -> Subscribing -> Supported Open Source; Check one or more demo projects; Exit Monitored Projects dialog; Start subscription; UI will be populated with already analyzed issues. All you need to do is the 3 clicks.
HOW TO ARM-ENABLE JAVA APPLICATION
Enabling your app to run in Application Reliability Management mode
In order to have your JVM powered applications be analyzed by Race Catcher™ they need to be started in ARM-Enabled mode. You can use the “jta” convenient scripts or their expanded versions as provided below in the following examples:
To enable Analysis of Race Conditions:
Instead of java use jta :
i.e. instead of java -jar myapp.jar use jta -jar myapp.jar
~user$ jta -jar r27.jar
Expanded into command line “jta” scripts are seen below:
The arguments to VM from this scripts could be used to ARM-CM Enable projects that are run within Eclipse or NetBeans or within any other script.
Note: The scripts below assume that the installation folder is “Program Files\ThinkingSoftware\SUM4JTA”
Application Reliability Management from Eclipse:
Expanded into command line “jta” script is seen below:
Note: The scripts below assume that the installation folder in Windows is “Program Files\ThinkingSoftware\SUM4JTA”
java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -javaagent:”C:\Program Files\Thinking Software\SUM4JTA\lib\SUM4JTA.jar” -jar your.jar
java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -javaagent:/home/<user name>/tsi/SUM4JTA/lib/SUM4JTA.jar -jar your.jar
Application Reliability Management from NetBeans:
TO UNDERSTAND EXPERIENCED RACE CONDITION ALL YOU NEED IS
When you run your JVM powered application in ARM-Enabled mode, your projects will be seen within the Software Understanding Machine® (SUM) UI
1. Click on the project showing a race icon
2. Click on the contention on the list
3. Click on the animate button
License Race Catcher
License Race Catcher Workstation$49 /month
License Race Catcher Workstation$499 /year
NO LICENSE REQUIRED FOR THE
SUPPORTED OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS LISTED BELOW:
What is Provided:
1. Complete Detailed Analysis of Experienced Multi-threading Issues
2. Subscription To Known Issues